Easy to Install AutoStart for Your RV Generator
Worry-Free Control of Your Power Systems
- Starts and stops the generator as required to maintain battery health
- Will only start the generator if shorepower is NOT present
- Automatic generator turn on to meet air conditioning demands if coach gets too hot
- Wireless - RV owners can install themselves
Introducing the newest RV power generation solution -- Energy Command™ AutoStart . The EC-30W is the first autostart system specifically designed for RV owners to install themselves. This provides worry-free control for most Cummins Onan diesel, gas, or LP generators. While high-end diesel RVs have added autostart as a factory option in recent years, most RVers who could use an autostart system on their existing RV don’t have one. Because the EC-30W is wireless, the average RV owner can install it on their own without paying for installation. At the same time, the EC-30W maintains several features that are unique to the Energy Command family. These unique features include:
- Detection of Shorepower so the EC-30W will only start the generator if shorepower is NOT present and batteries get low or the RV gets too hot. This allows the RVer to use the EC-30W as a back-up to shorepower in campgrounds with weak or intermittent power.
- An accelerometer to detect when the RV moves to prevent the EC-30W from accidentally starting the generator when the RV is placed inside an enclosed space.
- Battery backup to maintain settings in the EC-30W when power is removed. (Don't have to constantly reset the clock.)
Cummins Onan Energy Command 30W (EC-30W)
Cummins Onan EC-30W puts RV power in the palm of your hand.
Cummins Onan Energy Command 30W consists of a receiver that is wired to the generator and a hand-held transmitter that is used to automatically start and stop the generator as required to maintain battery health and temperature inside the RV.
- Download EC-30W information sheet159 KB
- Download EC-30W Operators Manual978 KB
- Answers to common EC-30W AutoStart questions
To learn more or to buy an EC-30W AutoStart:
The Cummins Onan EC-30W is a wireless generator autostart with the following benefits:
- Remotely starts and stops a generator from up to 100 ft away
- Compatible with all current model Cummins Onan RV generators
- Easy for any RV owner to install; instructions included (see how to install)
- Digitally encrypted code ensures remote starts only your generator
- Rechargeable and can be wall mounted
- Automatic generator turn on to meet air conditioning demands for up to four units
- Regularly monitors and displays battery levels and provides power to the inverter to charge batteries
- Unique "look-ahead" feature tops off battery prior to "quiet time"
- Easily program your own "quiet time" hours and battery charging preferences
- Automatically starts/stops generator on low/full batteries
- Displays generator hour meter, maintenance reminders and diagnostic text messages for easy troubleshooting
- Safety start inhibits automatic generator starting in unsafe conditions