Cummins Onan Marine Generator
Marine QD 40
- Rugged dependability, high quality and innovation make Cummins Onan Marine Generators the leader in marine generator design and development, providing performance you rely on.™
- The digital QD (Quiet Diesel) Series models are the first marine generator sets with self–monitoring capability and network communication.
- The standard Cummins Onan Digital Display provides user–friendly diagnostics including extensive engine and alternator information, self–diagnostic features and text display.
- The Cummins Onan Marine Generators with advanced design and development processes use technology to lower sound and vibration. Our sound shields minimize noise and deliver better sound quality. The optimized mounting system greatly reduces vibration.
- Certified to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) emission standards.
- Cummins Onan Marine Generators have the largest worldwide certified distributor/dealer support network in the industry with more than 70 years of experience.
- Advanced digital electronic control providing extensive diagnostic capability
- SAE J-1939 CAN data link for monitoring generator set status and diagnostics for engine and alternator
- Cummins Onan Digital Display - graphical LCD display for generator set operating parameters, diagnostics, and pre-alarm indication in text format
- Shutdown with diagnostic indicator light for: high engine coolant temperature, low oil pressure, over speed/voltage, starter overcrank, additional customer input and many more
- Electronic governor allows the generator set to maintain isochronous frequency control and close voltage regulation to provide quality power for digital appliances and computers
- Three phase alternator, 90℃ rise at 50℃ ambient, brushless, 12 lead reconnectable
- Digital voltage regulator integral with control
- 12 V DC electric system with battery charging, negative ground
- Mechanical fuel transfer pump with manual priming lever
- Engine starter with automatic start disconnect
- Water cooled exhaust manifold and turbocharger
- Freshwater cooling system with keel cooling connections
- Coolant overflow bottle to easily maintain coolant level
- Dry exhaust elbow with flange connection
- Common fault relay for external alarm
- Combustion air filter with washable element
- Full flow lube oil filter
- Oil drain valve
- Fuel filter/water separator, primary and secondary
- Drip pan
- Bulk head type fuel line connections for ease of installation
- Captive focalized mounting systems with vibration isolators
- Single point lifting bracket for ease of installation
- Plug-in watertight connector for optional remote panel
- Closed crankcase ventilation system with filter to eliminate engine room contamination
- Factory load tested
- Five year limited warranty
Weight, Size & Sound Levels
Weight: 972 kg (2143 lb) / (with sound shield [72 dB(A)]) 1072 kg (2363lb)
Length: 1734 mm (68.3 in) / (with sound shield [72 dB(A)]) 1738 mm (68.4 in)
Width: 822 mm (32.4 in) / (with sound shield [72 dB(A)]) 840 mm (33.1 in)
Height: 994 mm (39.1 in) / (with sound shield [72 dB(A)]) 1039 mm (40.9 in)
Three phase output at 0.8 power factor. Rating conditions are 100 kPa (29.6 in Hg) barometric pressure, 30% relative humidity and 25℃ (77F) (ref. ISO 3046). **Unlimited running time at rated power, additional 10% reserve power available.
The Cummins Onan express, written limited warranty covers virtually everything except routine maintenance for the first two years you own your marine generator set, and covers parts and labor on major power train and generator set parts during the third through fifth years.
A Limited Marine 5 Year or 3,000 Hour
Comprehensive Extended Warranty is also available.